Here is a top-line summary of my diet.
– Fruits (organic, wherever possible)
– Vegetables (organic, wherever possible)
– Whole grains (wheat bread, brown rice, etc)
– Nuts/Seeds (almonds, peanuts, pistachios, etc)
– Beans/Legumes (black beans, chickpeas, etc)
– Fish (wild caught, wherever possible)
– Chicken (free range, wherever possible)
– Egg whites (cage free, wherever possible)
– Tofu and other soy products (organic, wherever possible)
– Oils and sauces (i.e. olive oil for cooking and/or flavor, salt, pepper, vinegar, hot sauce and organic ketchup)
– Dark chocolate (on occasion)
– Organic orange juice w/ added calcium
– Beer (on occasion)
– Animal protein, except fish and chicken (i.e. no red meat, pork, etc).
– Dairy (i.e. milk, cheese, yogurt, cream, etc).
– Soda, fruit juices, coffee, tea and any other drinks not listed above
– Sweets, candy and/or anything with added sugars
– “Foods” with ingredients I do not recognize and/or highly processed
I also try to eat more frequently with smaller portions. So instead of 3 large meals per day, I typically eat 6 small/medium meals per day, equally spaced apart.
FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON THIS POST WITH ANY QUESTIONS!!